Jim talks with guests about photography water and planning photography trips.
Topic 1: Photographing water
- All of these tips apply to any type of water: waves, river, waterfall, etc.
- Finding the best waterfalls
- What makes the best waterfalls for a photo?
- Time of day to shoot waterfalls
- Composing waterfall photos
- Leading lines
- Get far back and include some environment
- Smaller pieces of the waterfall/telephoto
- Photographing waterfalls in winter/slippery conditions
- Wear waders. Getting in the right spots
- Keeping your lens clean
- Huge microfiber cloth
- Two lenses
- Exposure time
- Better to underexpose
Topic 2: Trip Planning
- Google earth
- Schmoozing visitor centers/hotel desk clerks
- Local gazeteer
- Hiking blogs
Doodads of the Week!
- Jim: Arlo Pro
- Brenda: https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/professional-padded-insert
- Nathan: Blue Yeti Mic