In this Episode, Erica and Connor Discuss The changes coming to the Portrait Session format before having a conversation concerning the overall steps a person interested in taking their portrait photography hobby and turning it in to a business.
GENERAL STEPS FOR TURNING YOUR HOBBY INTO A BUSINESS:
- Step 1 Ask: What kind of Portrait business do you want?
- Step 2 Establish a legal entity.
- Step 3 Accounting & Finances
- Step 4 Portfolio Building and culling
- Step 5 Pricing yourself
- Step 6 Business Model/Customer experience
- Step 7 Portfolio Display and Branding
- Step 8 Building an Organic web presence
- Step 9 Develop additional marketing strategies
- Step 10 Finding Success: How to manage a transition to a job as a photographer
During sticking points, Connor sits down with Kaden from 365th Street Photography to discuss his struggle with writing blog and social media posts that speak with a voice that feels genuine without being overly repetitive along with some general tips for finding effective keywords for blogging and hash tagging.