Welcome to the Master Photography Roundtable part of the Master Photography Podcast Network! You are joined by thousands of photographers listening to this show who are all on the same journey to master their photography. I am Brent Bergherm, the host for this episode and joining me at the roundtable today is Greg Benz. Greg, welcome to the show!
Topic 1: Brents Big Announcement #1
I’m going to create two courses this summer that should be available towards the end of the year. The more advanced course on creativity and printing will be done by late August and my other one, a course targeted towards beginners and intermediate shooters will be available in October or November.
I’m also heading to Hong Kong to do the shooting for the beginner course so I’m very excited about that. For all the details on my Hong Kong journey you’ll have to join me on Latitude in the near future. I’ll talk about the fantastic deal I got, why I’m going (beyond this course) and what I plan to shoot there.
Topic 2: Exposure Blending – Greg
- What is it?
- How do we do it simply in Photoshop
- Is there a way to do it in a program like Lightroom?
- Luminosity Masking
- Compare to a split ND filter
- Hard and soft ND filters
- Use of a full ND filter?
Sub topic to #2
- Greg’s course on Luminosity Masking
- Some details about the course
- A discussion on our respective course offering/development philosophy
- What do the listeners think about adding a component to include actual skype session to go over your results specifically.
- I’m not looking at creating a membership site, I’m curious to know their thoughts on this type of thing though. Especially with the printing lessons.
Topic 3: Brent’s Big announcement #2
- Closure of Brent Rents Lenses
- Details about gear sales, fulfilling rentals through July
- By the time this episode publishes rentals will be turned off. Gear that is available for immediate sale will have a “buy now” button next to the “rent” button. Though the calendar and rent button will be disabled.
- Thoughts on pricing the gear.
- Shipping to be included.
- Will only ship to US addresses, sorry to the international listeners.
- Gear is in good shape. Camera bodies are already at Canon for standard maintenance.
Greg: Wacom Blutooth tablet, small
Brent: Plug Bug World
- masterphotographypodcast.com is the new home for the show, you will want to go there and check it out
- Facebook group is Master Photography Podcast, can search for it on Facebook or you can go to masterphotographypodcast.com and there are links there.
- Find Brent’s work at brentbergherm.com, Facebook (brentberghermphoto), and Instagram (@brentbergherm)
- Find Greg’s work at gregbenzphotography.com
- And don’t forget the other podcasts. Portrait session, Photo Taco, Latitude and Brian will be bringing Thoughts on Photography back later this summer.
It’s never to early to be thinking about the create photography retreat. Take a look at createphotographyretreat.com