April 2020 Updates from Adobe
Before we get into the meat of the show, many of you rely on my Photo Taco status for updates to Adobe products and Adobe just released a number of minor updates for Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. I have yet to give my Photo Taco seal of approval for Photoshop 21.1. That release has been very buggy with crashing and negative impacts to extensions like Lumenzia from my good friend Greg Benz. I hope that the release of version 21.1.2 here in April 2020 I can finally give that seal of approval but as it was just barely released a little over a week ago I can’t give that yet.
Same goes for the update to Lightroom Classic with version 9.2.1, has to be at least a week before I will give my approval there. It has now been a little more than a week and I have seen some issues reported in the forums so I am holding off for at least another week. Stay tuned.
Canon R5 Confirmations and Rumors
Source: Canon Rumors
- 47 Megapixel
- 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic
- Scroll wheel added to the back
- Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
- Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
- Built-in 5GHz WiFi
- New battery, but the same shape and compatibility as the EOS 5D Mark IV
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.
Brent, you going to the R5? Good possibility. $3,000 or less probably will. Higher, will have to evaluate.
Jeff will buy the R5 if it is less than $3,500. Otherwise, I am hoping the R6 has a high enough frame rate that I can go there for about $2,000.
Has now ended. We had 248 photos entered into the contest by 110 of you! Thanks so much for participating. We will be going through them soon and I hope we can unveil the Top Ten next episode.
You can check out the photos that were entered here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/mpcontest/pool/
Brent: OBS studio https://obsproject.com
Jeff: Learn how to slash 90% off the time it takes to import raw files into Lightroom Classic in free 30 minute video tutorial to do the embedded preview workflow: https://youtu.be/zET3BR0iqgg
- masterphotographypodcast.com is the home for the show, you will want to go there and check it out
- Facebook group is Master Photography Podcast, can search for it on Facebook or you can go to masterphotographypodcast.com and there are links there.
- Instagram account for the show is @masterphotographypodcast
- Find Jeff’s work at https://www.jsharmonphotos.com. Check out his Photo Taco podcast over at https://phototacopodcast.com where you can search all kinds of topics and find shows discussing the details. He is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harmon.jeff, Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harmonjeff/ (@harmonjeff), and Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmon_jeff (@harmon_jeff)
- Find Brent’s podcast on the web at http://latitudephotographypodcast.com
Find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/brentberghermphoto/
Find the podcast facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1892577214293688/
Find me on instagram @brentbergherm
Find me on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/brentberghermphotography
Find me online at https://brentbergherm.com
And finally, my online learning platform for photographers is found at http://latitudephotographyschool.com